This is, by far, the worst PMS I’ve ever felt. My period is late, (and no, I’m not pregnant I just have hormonal imbalance, thankyouverymuch) and I’ve been feeling this PMS since Sunday. 3 days already.
I got pissed off easily, I got overly anxious, overly nervous, overly sad, overly happy. All my emotions seem like they’ve been enhanced. Maximized. Like there’s a turbo boost for emotions inside me.
I got overly happy over a favorite song played on the radio, overly sad for not getting the expected response from a friend during our chat. Overly nervous waiting for a phone call, overly excited when the phone call actually happened, then overly sad when, until now, I haven’t received the follow up phone call.
Now as a grown up 25 year old (HAHAHA), I refuse myself to be taken over by emotions. I chose to do something to stop this emotion boost/PMS I’m feeling. So these are the things I did..
1. Discover new music. I’m an avid music listener, so this morning I browsed through 8tracks and found some nice playlist. One artist that caught my attention was Grouplove. Been hearing their song, “Tongue Tied” on the radio lately, so I check their Youtube channel and listen to their songs. Love them! One song that also got my attention was “Slow”. I think it was featured on a Gossip Girl episode, unsure which one. But it’s good. And deep.
2. Eat pizza. Pizza is among my favorite food. Well I actually have a lot of favorite foods, but pizza for me is always comforting. So I had Domino’s for lunch, my favorite flavor, beef and mushroom.
3. Walk. After my quick lunch, I went to PIM, a shopping mall next to my office building, for a walk. While I walked, I got lost in my thoughts (which, I have to admit made me thought about my past and made me sad – but it’s okay I didn’t let the thought grow), and I observed my surroundings. Observe, observe, observe, and it actually made me feel better.
4. Window shopping. Okay, this, I think, is every girl’s remedy. No need further explanation then.. :)
5. Shop. Shopping makes you feel good, no? Who’s with me on this? I passed Body Shop store, went inside, and impulsively bought a hand cream and a body spray. Cognitive dissonance what? Impulse buying rocks!
6. Browse through travel books. This is my no.1 remedy today. I went to the bookstore, browsed through their books section – new books, best seller, comic, novel, magazine, and stopped in their travel section. I flipped through Lonely Planet guides, got lost for a while, and when I finished, I got my mood back! Happyyyy me :)
7. Write. Last but not least, I write. Writing always makes me feel better. There are times that I post it to my blog, there are also times that I deleted them after I finished reading. This one? I’m gonna post it, of course!
Okay so that was the things I did.
But I think the method is pretty easy. If you don’t share my interest, whenever you feel blue, take a walk, feed your interest. If all fails, SHOP. (Err.. window shopping would do! :p)
No comments:
Post a Comment