Do you remember when did you first start dating? Most of us maybe don’t, cause maybe, it was way back during your teen-age years.
Well I do. Being raised in Indonesia, where our culture don’t normally do dating, my first date was my first boyfriend, and it was back in junior high, (9th grade, to be exact) lasted for only two months. Our dates? Going to nearby mall after school for a meal together with our friends. Did I have my first kiss back then? No. We didn’t even hold hands. :))
Now years after, being a single 25 years old, and looking back to my dating memories, I realized that I haven’t had much of dating bonanza. Now let me tell you what I think dating bonanza is.
Dating bonanza, for me, is the state when you go out and meet people, go on dates, random ones, some may be good, some okay, and even awful. Your date might be a friend of a friend, your old friend, co – worker, or someone you met online. You might go for a meal in an exotic restaurant, or even in your usual fast food joint. You might, then, go to the mall, watch a movie, or just browsed through the shops. The two of you might feel so good after your date, which normally would be followed by a series of texts and phone calls, and obviously, another dates. Of course, as I mentioned above, your date might turn out to be awful as well. You might struggle to find a discussion and rushed to leave the place, or you might find him boring as hell, but in contrary, he finds you super attractive (OH, problem!) and would not stop calling you ever since. But that’s the idea of dating bonanza, you go on dates, some good, some bad. Good ones can turn into relationships, bad ones, well you can just laugh about it later and consider it as one of life’s experience.
So.. I haven’t had much of those, as I consider myself as a serial committer. It’s my way of saying I always had long term relationships. The shortest relationship I had was my first boyfriend I mention above, 2 months, then followed by a 1.5 year, 1 year, 2 years, and the last one, 3 years. Never had a period of dating bonanza.
Usually , people my age who’s back single after a long term relationship would be so tired of dating and eagerly waiting for the last one, as in, they sorta wanna skip dating, and if they could, just meet someone, get committed, and get married straightaway. Well that’s not the case for me. I think, after what I’ve been through, it wouldn’t harm if I go on a date bonanza. I’d meet people casually, have a chat, go out, and who knows, one of em, might be the one. No harm in doing that, right? Consider it as a life experience. :)
Now what about you? If you were in my shoes, which would you prefer?
No comments:
Post a Comment