So here I am sitting in Starbucks, Grand Indonesia.. Trying to reflect the past year that will pass by in a couple hours.
Yep, the year of being 25 years old.
I used to think something big would happen to me when I'm 25. The old fairy-tale me used to think I'd be married or having this super shiny career.
Reality, I am still (happilly) single, and no, I don't have that shiny career (yet).. I'm on my way.
The old me might think that I did nothing grand this year. The year just passed, only filled with boring daily routines.
But hey, the (constantly improving) new me will have to disagree with that! This year, I have done and achieved sooo many things!
To name a few, I did:
- create another 'a photo a day' project like back in UK days, this time one photo for every day I'm 25 years old.
- travel Solo to a non English speaking country in which I stayed in a backpacking hostel with a room full of strangers. Not only did i had fun, i managed to be friends with one of my room mates!
- create a '30 before 30' list, and have accomplished some of them already!
- run my first race. It was Adidas' King of The Road 5K that made me fall in love with running. I've been running frequently ever since, building my endurance and milestone on my way to running a full marathon one day :)
- travel more. This year started with Bali, then Ho Chi Minh, Bangkok, Karimun Jawa, and Mt.Bromo :)
See.. Those things are not bad at all, aren't they? Apart from those, I do think I have grown so much the past year.. In ways that are too long to describe.
Of course, there are also some downhills this year. This and that, i take it as lessons of life. A lot to improve next year (and the years after!), as I will do my best to keep growing as a person, to keep expanding my horizons and to live my life to the fullest :)
Obviously it's time to say goodbye to the old me... And welcoming the new, constantly improving self!
Thank You God, for I am blessed and showered with love.
Happy holidays everyone!